Iran Visa on Arrival
Apply for an Iran Visa on Arrival
– By submitting the application you accept our terms and conditions.
– The process may face delays due to MFA’s decision for more investigations. However , the above mentioned process times are met in most cases. Please notice that Thu. and Fri. are weekend days is Iran and not counted as working days for the process. Public holidays are also added to non-working days. (list of public holidays)
– Should you have a personal host in Iran, please complete and email the hosting from to us.
– All decisions for granting any visa remains with the government authority. IranianVisa.com is not affiliated with the government. IranianVisa.com charges a professional fee to provide a number of value added services.
NOTICE: If you have problem with submitting the form on your computer, click here to download a blank form.
Please fill it and send it to [email protected]
IMPORTANT! If you do not receive messages from us in time, check your email account’s Bulk or Spam folder. Some messages may be filtered there by mistake. You can add our email address to your safe senders list to avoid missing important message from us.
Iran tourist visa is waived for ordinary passports of :
Armenia (90 days), Azerbaijan (14 days), Bolivia (30 days), Egypt (20 days), Georgia (45 days), Lebanon (30 days), Malaysia (14 days), Syria (90 days), Turkey (90 days)
How much Iran Visa on Arrival (VOA) costs?
The visa stamp fee depends on the passport with which you travel to Iran. Here are fees for most nationalities. These fees are mostly based on reciprocity in regards to your country’s visa fee for Iranians. If your country is not listed, assume it within the range between min. and max. in the table. Please notice that non-Iranian debit/credit cards are not accepted in Iran. You need to pay this fee in cash and in EUR.
Iran visa on Arrival Stamp Fees (EUR) for different nationalities :
This table is provided by the MFA in Mar. 2018. The fees may be changed with no notice.
What is the difference between “visa on arrival” and “visa free entry”?
The difference is that “visa free entry” means that you can enter the Iran without a visa for a specified period of what’s usually called a ‘landing permission’, where a ‘visa-on-arrival’ means that you need a visa to enter, but can apply for and receive the Iran visa when you show up.
There’s not a huge difference between these two regarding what happens when you get to the airport, but regarding diplomacy and time/role based restrictions, there’s a big difference.
“visa free entry” exists because two countries sat down and said, “Hey, it’s in our mutual interest to allow each other’s citizens into the other country…it’s good for business and tourism yadda yadda”. So the first time I came to Japan, I wasn’t required to get a visa because the US and Japan had sat down at some point and hashed out a treaty allowing me as a US citizen to enter Japan for up to 90 days for tourism or business meetings.
Note however that there are still restrictions placed on visa free entry by various countries.
Visas in general, including “visa on arrival,” generally means that there hasn’t been an explicit agreement between two countries for whatever reason allowing visa-free entry.
Iran’s tourism industry looks set to grow rapidly following the lifting of economic sanctions, with more westerners seeking to visit and plans being made for the development of tour companies, hotels, and tourist facilities. Due, this project Iran adding more countries into the Iran Visa on Arrival list and recently extend the 15 days validation to 30 days.
How to get a Iran Visa on Arrival (VOA)?
You have two options :
1. Select to wait at the airport while your visa application is processed. You will be issued a visa for entering Iran if your application is approved. The waiting time can be long and if your application is not approved, you will be deported at your own risk and expense.
- You need to refer to the Visa & Passport office which is situated before passport control gates.
- You may need to provide: Passport with min. 6 months validity, exit transport arrangements (like confirmed flight tickets), hotel reservation confirmation or hostÂ’s contact details.
- You need to show a valid travel insurance coverage for Iran. If you donÂ’t have one, you can buy it online from Iran Travel Insurance.
- You need to pay the visa stamp fee at the bank counter near the visa office.
- Your application will be then processed by the visa officers and subject to approval, a visa will be stamped into your passport. You can now proceed to passport control gates.
2. Have your application be processed before your trip. If your application is approved, issue of visa is guaranteed and is done in matter of minutes. No risk and no long waiting.
- Complete the application form. We will process the application through the ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and will get back to you with a visa approval number.
- On arrival in Iran, refer to the Visa & Passport Office and present the number. You will be asked to pay the visa stamp fee at the nearby bank counter and your visa will be stamped into your passport instantly. You need to show a valid travel insurance coverage for Iran. If you don’t have one, you can buy it online from Iran Travel Insurance. You can now proceed to passport control gates.
Who can get an Iran Visa on Arrival (VOA)?
You can apply for an Iran Visa on Arrival, if:
- You travel to Iran with an ordinary passport and for tourism purposes. Diplomatic or service, passports, travel documents, etc. will not be accepted.
- You do not travel to Iran with a passport of these countries: USA, UK, Canada, Colombia, Somalia, Bangladesh, Jordan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan. You need to get an ordinary tourist visa before traveling to Iran, in this case.
- You do not travel to Iran for journalism or news coverage. You need to apply for a press visa in this case.
- Have not been rejected an Iranian visa in the past. In this case, you need to apply again in advance.
- You are not an Iranian dual national. You need to travel with an Iranian passport in this case.
Where can you get Iran Visa on Arrival (VOA)?
Iran VOA (visa on arrival) can be issued at most Iranian international airports. Here is the most updated list :
- IKA: Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport
- MHD: Mashhad International Airport
- SYZ: Shiraz International Airport
- IFN: Isfahan International Airport
- TBZ: Tabriz International Airport
- AWZ: Ahvaz International Airport
- KIH: Kish International Airport
- GSM: Qeshm International Airport
- KER: Kerman International Airport
- OMH: Urmia International Airport
- BND: Bandar Abbas International Airport
- BUZ: Bushehr International Airport
Important : Visa on Arrival is not available at land borders. You need to have a visa in your passport before arriving at a land border.
Some facts about Iran Visa on Arrival
- Travelers who have been rejected for Iran visa previously will not receive Iran visa on arrival.
- Journalists and reporters on mission cannot get Iran visa on arrival.Iranian nationals holding other nationalities passport are not allowed to get Iran visa on arrival.
- Iran visa on arrival is issued for tourist purposes only (ordinary passport). Diplomatic passport, official passports, etc. cannot apply for this type of Iran visa.
- Iran Visa on Arrival is not issued for USA, UK, Canada, Colombia, Somalia, Bangladesh, Jordan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India nationalities.
- Applying through the Iranian Travel Agencies and having Iran Visa reference number before the trip still the safer way. Valid Travel Insurance is often asked at the Airports, be sure you have adequate travel insurance for Iran. Here is some useful information about travel insurance for Iran.
- Have you been in Israel and still have a stamp on your passport? Do not risk your trip with VOA visa and apply for a new passport through travel agency and embassy.
- Are you holding the passport of US, UK, Canada, Iraq, Colombia, Jordan, Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Afghanistan? Do not go for Iran Visa on Arrival.
US citizen and passport holders can travel to Iran even after Trump ban for Iranian to America, but they can not getting on arrival visa; If you have planned for going to Iran, you can join the group tours, buying the individual tour or hiring the tour guide in Iran. With our years of experience, we can help to make tour itinerary, booking the hotel, getting a visa and hiring a travel guide in Iran. The way for US Citizen, in reality, is easier than words. Leave us a message here or info [at] iranianvisa.com.
All European Union (except Brits) and some other visitors can obtain a tourist visa, valid for up to 30 days, on arrival at certain Iranian airports. This visa cannot then be extended further. But Iran visa for British nationals is different, and as UK passport holder you need to obtain a visa before traveling to Iran.
You can apply for your Iran tourist visa as British citizens here, and if you have any question, you can contact us or send us an email to info [at] iranianvisa.com.
Note: Iran has two exceptions for UK passport holders for getting easier a visa: If the individual is not of ‘English’ origin (for example Iraqi or Afghan-born), you can still obtain an independent travel visa with no restrictions. In this case, the procedure and details below still apply, or If you are a British man married to an Iranian woman, and able to provide a marriage certificate, then we can obtain a visa as per below. If you are a British lady, married to an Iranian man, you can only travel on an Iranian passport & we are not able to assist. In the marriage cases, we suggest you contact Iranian Embassy in London ([email protected])
Canadian applicants are treated the same way Briish applicants are treated. Please see above.