COVID-19 Iran Travel Update (Dec. 2021)
Visas are currently issued.
On arrival in Iran :
- Everyone older than 12 must show a negative PCR test in English, taken in the last 96 hours.
- All non-Iranian travelers must also present Covid vaccination proof (in English), last vaccination done at least 14 days ago.
- COVID Self Declaration Form to be completed.
From 21 Dec. 2021 until further notice : Non-Iranians from UK, France, Denmark and Norway can not enter Iran due to Omicron variant control.
Iran Visa Authorization Code for only EUR20.00!*
* Except for British, Canadian and American passport holders.
A comprehensive guide to Iran visa and the application center for Iranian visa application. You can find detailed information about Iran visa types, terms, fees and procedures on this website and apply for them online.
Customer Care Rating :
Iran Visa Types :
Iran Visa Type A (Entry Visa)
Visa for Foreign citizens who have an invitation letter from ministries, governmental organizations, private and public sectors, …. This is for the purpose of negotiating, signing contracts, setting up purchased machinery, …
This visa can be applied for :
– Educational & cultural Faculty members and researchers
– Common Carriers, transporting goods and people
– Officials, political, and economic members, art and sports teams, international organizations and specialists
– Internationally Recognized merchants and experts
– The United Nations employees and affiliates
– Relatives of the foreign citizens residing in Iran
Iran Visa Type B (Tourist Visa)
Visa for Foreign citizens who intend to travel to Iran for tourist purposes. This visa can be applied for :
Iran Visa Type C (Pilgrimage Visa)
Visa for Foreign Muslims who intend to pilgrimage to holy places in Iran. This visa can be applied for :
– Muslim Tourists
Iran Visa Type D (Diplomatic Visa) and Type S (Service Visa)
Visa for all diplomatic and official passport holders. This visa can be applied for :
– Temporary employees of diplomatic and consular offices, and International organization offices in Iran
– Temporary guests of diplomats or official employees residing in Iran
– Diplomatic or Official passport holders attending conferences, apprenticeship, cultural & educational programs, …
– Diplomatic or Official passport holders with tourist or pilgrimage purposes
Iran Visa Type E (Education Visa)
Visa for foreign students or religious scholars who intend to study in Iran. This visa can be applied for :
– School students
– University Student
Iran Visa Type F (Temporary Visa)
Visa for foreign citizens who have the intention to work in Iran. This visa can be applied for :
– Skilled workers
– Specialists in the fields of medical, industrial, …
Iran Visa Type G (Transit Visa)
Visa which allows foreign citizens to pass through Iran with no purpose of stay. This visa can be applied for :
Iran Visa Type H (Media Visa)
Visa for foreign media, including members of the radio, prints, digital, press, directors and producers of films, reporters, … traveling to Iran to work in their profession. This visa can be applied for :
Iran Visa Type I (Investment Visa)
Visa for foreign investors whose investment permit is approved by the Organization for Investment Economic and Technical Assistance of Iran. This visa can be applied for :
Iran Visa Type M (Marital Visa)
Visa for foreign men who are married to Iranian women, as well as their offsprings. This visa can be applied for :
– Foreign men married to Iranian women.
– Children of such a family
Iran Visa Type T (Medical Visa)
Visa for foreign citizens who wish to travel to Iran for medical purposes and have already received an approval letter from one of the authorized medical centers. This visa can be applied for :
– Patients with physical illnesses
Visa Free Countries
- Armenia (90 days)
- Azerbaijan (30 days)
- Bolivia (30 days)
- Egypt (30 days)
- Georgia (45 days)
- Lebanon (30 days)
- Malaysia (15 days)
- Oman (30 days)
- Syria for (90 days) (but only if arriving by air straight from Damascus)
- Turkey (90 days)
- Venezuela (15 days)
- China (15 days)
Apply Now - Visa Grant Notice only for EUR20.00
– By submitting the application you accept our terms and conditions.
– The process may face delays due to MFA’s decision for more investigations. However , the above mentioned process times are met in most cases. Please notice that Thu. and Fri. are weekend days is Iran and not counted as working days for the process. Public holidays are also added to non-working days. (list of public holidays)
– Should you have a personal host in Iran, please complete and email the hosting from to us.
– All decisions for granting any visa remains with the government authority. IranianVisa.com is not affiliated with the government. IranianVisa.com charges a professional fee to provide a number of value added services.
NOTICE: If you have problem with submitting the form on your computer, click here to download a blank form.
Please fill it and send it to [email protected]
IMPORTANT! If you do not receive messages from us in time, check your email account’s Bulk or Spam folder. Some messages may be filtered there by mistake. You can add our email address to your safe senders list to avoid missing important message from us.
Iran tourist visa is waived for ordinary passports of :
Armenia (90 days), Azerbaijan (14 days), Bolivia (30 days), Egypt (20 days), Georgia (45 days), Lebanon (30 days), Malaysia (14 days), Syria (90 days), Turkey (90 days)
– The application processing is slower in Mar. due to Iranian new year holidays.
– These consulates are currently closed :
Ottawa, Riyadh, Jeddah, Manama
You can use other Iranian consulates or airports for visa collection.
– USA, UK and Canada passport holders may be requested to provide more information about their work, study and travel history.
– The application time is currently longer for USA, UK and Canada passport holders. There is EUR50 surcharge fee for these nationalities.
– See reviews about different consulates here.
Update : Iran visas can now be issued on a paper for most nationalities, and your passport does not get stamps when entering/exiting Iran.
How to get an Iranian Visa?
According to the regulations of the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a Tourist visa is issued for foreign nationals who are interested to travel to Iran individually or with a group for the purpose of visiting Iran, or their friends and relatives.
This visa is issued for a maximum stay of 30 days with the option of extensions in Iran. The visa remains valid for a period of 3 months from the date of issue. Depending on your nationality and the consulate which you refer to, it is possible to submit your documents and receive a visa after some days without any reference from Iran or apply through the new e-visa system. But it can be a time-consuming or even fruitless attempt, specially when you are applying out of your country.
Most consulates need an authorization letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tehran. Getting this authorization is the most important step in visa application process. There is not much left when you have this code. You will usually have your visa in 1 or 2 days, after having the visa code.
You may also apply for an Entry (Business) visa, which needs an invitation letter form your Iranian host, but keep in mind that traveling only with a tourist visa enables you to enjoy special tourist rates with hotels and etc.
Step 1 : Apply, filling the form
There will be a formal application extracted from your submitted data to be sent to the Iranian Ministry of Foreign Affairs which authorizes the consulate for visa issue. Be sure that the details have been entered correct, since they must match your passport info and the documents which will be submitted later to the consulate for collecting the visa.
Step 2 : Payment
The service charge is EUR20.00. You will receive the service bill and the payment instructions after the submission of the application. This charge is different from the visa fee which you must pay to the consulate for stamping your passport (step 4).
Step 3 : Receiving the visa code
The output will be an authorization letter which will be transmitted to the Iranian Consulate which you have indicated in the form. You will receive the visa code and a visa grant notice document with which you will be able to collect your visa. This code is only valid to the mentioned consulate and only for a month from the date of issue. You may request us to forward it to another consulate with an extra charge.
Step 4 : Collecting the Visa
Having the reference code, you will refer to the consulate with your passport (which must be valid for the next 6 months), the completed visa application form (which can be picked from the consulate or be downloaded from their website), 2 new passport size photos (may not be needed sometimes), the visa fee (which depends on your nationality) and the authorization reference code, (Always check the needed documents with the consulate, as there may be differences from one consulate to another.) You may also be able to send the documents and receive the visa by mail. Contact the consulate for more details. Find a directory of all Iranian consulates here.
Step 5. Enter IranYou can now enter Iran! Let us know the feedback. Inform us if the visa collection process was straight forward or you faced problems. If there is any problem, we will remain with you for solving it until you receive the visa. We rely on our clients for upgrading our service based on the feedback provided by them. You will have us still present when you travel in Iran. Feel free to contact us for any questions, assistance or needed services. You may ask for a visa extension from the Police Dep. of Foreign Aliens Affairs when you are in any Iranian major city.
IranianVisa.com’s Visa Stat. :
|Nationality||% of Applications||Approval %|
|United Kingdom *||19.7%||96%|
|Rest of the countries||12.9%||97%|
* Restrictions apply to British and Canadian passport holders.
* Special Regulations apply to Americans (Guide escort and advanced travel arrangements required.)
Visa Collection from the Iranian Consulate in London
ِDon’t worry if it’s difficult for you to travel to the Iranian Consulate in London.
We can now help with collection of visas from the Iranian consulate in London. You can leave the whole process to us. You need to send the documents to us, we collect the visa on your behalf and send it back to you along with your passport.
Please contact us by email if you need such assistance.